Taylor Valley Construction is a leading edge construction services company offering civil, commercial, senior living and residential construction in both public and private sectors in Western Canada. Based in Vancouver, BC, we are realizing solutions to deliver projects of exceptional quality on time, on budget and executed through a seamless integrated process. Our success is founded on our relationships – we value our clients, trade partners, vendors, and contractors, and know that the depth of our collaboration and team centred approach drives the best results for all.
Skilled Construction Labourer ▾
Taylor Valley Construction Ltd. is a leading edge construction services company offering civil, commercial, and residential construction in both public and private sectors in Western Canada. Based in Vancouver, BC, we deliver projects of exceptional quality on time, on budget and executed through a seamless integrated process. Our success is founded on our relationships – we value our clients, trade partners, vendors and con- tractors, and know that the depth of our collaboration and team centered approach drives the best results for all stakeholders.
We have an opportunity for a Skilled Labourer to join our team on a multifamily wood-frame residential construction project (duplex/fourplex) located in Port Alberni, BC . The selected candidate is expected to deliver general site maintenance and organization, as well as maintain a safe work environment and provide first aid and safety assistance. Reporting directly to the Site Superintendent the person in this position will work closely with the Site Superintendent, carpentry team and sub-trades on site, and should thrive in a collaborative, team oriented work environment. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, tidy, and possesses good communication skills, in addition to being a safety focused individual.
The right candidate is also able to take direction efficiently, and is eager to take on any task to contribute to the overall success of the project. This person is also looking for a long-term career in construction with opportunities for growth.
The Skilled Construction Labourer will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
Labour & Site Maintenance
- Opening and closing the site
- Performing any manual labour including clean up, sweeping, stacking, cleaning and moving materials.
- Keeping all areas of site organized and safe
- Assisting carpentry crew as required
- Completing hand excavation as required
- All other duties assigned by Site Superintendent
First Aid & Safety Assistance
- Assist with daily safety site inspections
- Assist with weekly/monthly reporting
- Provide site safety orientations for all visitors to site
- Reporting any injuries, near misses or hazards on site
- Provide inventory control of the first aid station and supplies
- All other first aid and safety duties as assigned by the Site Superintendent
Skills & Experience
- 1 – 2 years of skilled labour or carpentry assistance experience on construction sites
- Knowledge of First Aid. Current OFA2 or OFA3 Certification or willingness to achieve an asset.
- Valid Fall Protection Certification or willingness to achieve an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong organizational skills
- Punctual, dependable and hardworking
- Physical capability to safely perform intensive work activity on site, including lifting and carrying building supplies and equipment
- Previous experience working with hand and power tools considered a plus
- Basic computer skills, with experience with Microsoft 365 and Outlook an asset
- Knowledge of WorkSafe BC Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- Ability to assess situations and identify potential hazards
- Basic understanding of carpentry, including framing, formwork and finishing, an asset
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Willing and able to work outdoors year-round
- Must be local to the Alberni Valley or willing to relocate to this area
What We Offer
This is a temporary, full-time, hourly position with a team of hard working individuals set on construction performance excellence, moving through projects with craftsmanship, integrity and strong relationships. You’ll grow professionally, will have a competitive compensation, and be provided with the required equipment and apparel. We’re on a path to elevate the way construction is performed and are eager to continue building a team equally passionate to be those change agents.
How to Apply
Thank you in advance to all interested applicants. Please send your CV to Sonia Susin, VP, Communications + People Operations at email@example.com with the subject “Park Ridge – Skilled Labourer Application”. Due to a large volume of applications we will only reply to candidates selected for an interview.
Health & Safety
Partnership & Collaboration
Health & Safety
Partnership & Collaboration
200 – 8809 Heather Street
Vancouver, BC V6P 3T1
© 2019 Taylor Valley Construction