Taylor Valley Construction is a leading edge construction services company offering civil, commercial, senior living and residential construction in both public and private sectors in Western Canada. Based in Vancouver, BC, we are realizing solutions to deliver projects of exceptional quality on time, on budget and executed through a seamless integrated process. Our success is founded on our relationships – we value our clients, trade partners, vendors, and contractors, and know that the depth of our collaboration and team centred approach drives the best results for all.
Working Carpentry Foreman ▾
Taylor Valley Construction Ltd. (“Taylor Valley”) is a growing construction services company offering civil, commercial, and residential construction in both public and private sectors in Western Canada. Based in Vancouver, BC, we deliver projects of exceptional quality on time, on budget and executed through a seamless integrated process. Our success is founded on our relationships – we value our clients, trade partners, vendors and contractors, and know that the depth of our collaboration and team centered approach drives the best results for all stakeholders.
We have an opportunity for a Working Carpentry Foreman with general construction knowledge and experience, including concrete, forms, framing, civil and finishing to join our team on a low rise residential woodframe construction project in the Predator Ridge area of Vernon, BC. The selected candidate is expected to deliver focused carpentry to produce the highest quality buildings in the most efficient, effective and safest possible way, increasing the value of our projects. Reporting directly to the Site Superintendent the person in this position will work closely with the Site Superintendent and trades on site, and should thrive in a collaborative, team oriented work environment. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, tidy, diligent and possesses good communication skills, in addition to being a safety focused individual. The right candidate is also able to take direction efficiently, and is eager to take on any task to contribute to the overall success of the project. This person is also looking for a long-term career in construction with opportunities for growth.
$75,000.00–$90,000.00 per year
Overtime pay, bonus
Monday to Friday, 7am–3:30pm with overtime as project requires
Extended Health Care, Dental Care
The Working Carpentry Foreman will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Assisting the Site Superintendent in daily running of the project
- Organizing day-to-day activities on the project as delegated by the Site Superintendent, including organizing all trades on sitw with their daily activities
- Overseeing the productivity and effectiveness of field staff, subcontractors and suppliers, making sure project plans and schedules are executed efficiently
- Organize all deliveries and make sure all materials required are on site
- Ability to quality check completed work by all trades and have a keen eye for detail
- Managing small projects independently
Carpentry & General Construction:
- Assisting with all work related to rough and finish carpentry on work site, including framing, form work, finishing and frame checking
- Working with a crew to form, place and finish the concrete for residential home foundations.
- Assisting in the preparation of the project layout
- Loading, unloading and moving building materials
- Hanging doors and installing hardware, millwork trim and cabinets
- Assisting in the assembly of scaffolding, ladders, hoarding and other construction structures
- Assisting with the management and prevention of occupational hazards and ensure site meets all health and safety standards
- Operating equipment machine equipment including skid steer and zoom boom
- Operating hand and power tools including carpentry tools
- Completing the tasks set out by their supervisor to allow the construction to move forward on site as efficiently and effectively as possible
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of construction carpentry and foreman experience on single family and/or multifamily wood frame construction sites.
- Possesses intermediate understanding of carpentry, including framing, formwork and finishing
- Completion of a Journeyman Carpentry Program an asset.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft 365, Outlook and placing orders online.
- Experience reviewing architectural, electrical, mechanical, etc. drawings.
- Capable of overseeing and leading the site and team in the Site Superintendent’s absence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Punctual, dependable and hardworking.
- People person with positive can do attitude.
- Physical capability to safely perform intensive work activity on site, including lifting and carrying building supplies and equipment.
- Ability to operate hand and power carpentry tools and construction equipment, and maintain them in proper operating condition.
- Knowledge of WorkSafe BC Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
- Knowledge of material take offs an asset.
- Ability to assess situations and identify potential hazards.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to be trained and progress their career with the company over time.
- Willing and able to work outdoors year-round.
- Occupational First Aid Level 2 (OFA) Certification or willingness to achieve.
- Valid Fall Protection Certification or willingness to achieve an asset.
- Must be local to Vernon, Kelowna or Lake Country or willing to relocate to this area.
What We Offer
This is a permanent, full-time, hourly position with a team of hard working individuals set on construction performance excellence, moving through projects with craftsmanship, integrity and strong relationships. You’ll grow professionally, will have a competitive compensation, and be provided with the required equipment and apparel. We’re on a path to elevate the way construction is performed and are eager to continue building a team equally passionate to be those change agents.
How to Apply
Thank you in advance to all interested applicants. Please send your CV to Sonia Susin at email@example.com with the subject “Working Carpentry Foreman Application – Predator Ridge” or apply directly through our Indeed job posting. Due to a large volume of applications we will only reply to candidates selected for an interview.
Health & Safety
Partnership & Collaboration
Health & Safety
Partnership & Collaboration
200 – 8809 Heather Street
Vancouver, BC V6P 3T1
© 2019 Taylor Valley Construction